Integrative treatment for comorbid conditions: the importance of treating mental ill health when managing opioid dependence
Watch the winter educational webinar led by Professor Maurice Dematteis and Mr Duncan Hill, discussing the overlap between patients with mental health conditions and opioid dependence (OD).
This expert webinar is suitable for both primary and secondary care clinicians looking to improve care and management of opioid-dependent patients, as well as those with an interest in the field of opioid dependence.
Listening to our experts discuss how the failure to treat either aspect often results in suboptimal patient outcomes and exacerbation of both conditions. Understanding the role of mental ill health in OD and how factors such as trauma, pain, and poor sleep hygiene can influence both comorbid conditions highlights, for learners, the importance of working within a collaborative care model, thereby improving outcomes for patients.
The agenda covered:
- Common mental health comorbidities that occur in OD patients and how they may Impact OD treatment
- How OD may exacerbate comorbid mental health problems and explain a suitable treatment course that considers these factors
- How factors such as trauma, pain and sleep hygiene can Impact mental health status, worsen comorbidities and Influence OD treatment
Here are just a few benefits you can expect from watching:
- Learn valuable insights to help better support your opioid dependent patients in primary and secondary care
- Opportunity to learn from industry experts
- Discover best practices in the treatment of opioid dependence
- Watch online from the comfort of your own home or office!
Who is the webinar for?
This 60-minute educational session is ideal for primary care HCPs who may want to improve their confidence in managing their opioid dependent patients, secondary care HCPs who treat opioid dependent patients, as well as any HCPs with an interest in the field.
Webinar attendees included addiction specialists, pain specialists, psychiatrists, pharmacists, social workers, general practitioners and nurses.
“All information received will enhance my practice and my personal development”
“Very interesting and useful seminary”
“Looking forward for more webinars”
The IOTOD webinar ‘Integrative treatment for comorbid conditions: the importance of treating mental ill health when managing opioid dependence’ is supported by grant funding from Camurus. The educational programme is run at arm’s length from the financial supporters and all content is created by the faculty. No funder has had input into the content of the materials or presentations used in the educational programme. PCM Scientific is the medical education company acting as scientific secretariat and webinar organiser.