A holistic approach to opioid dependency treatment: managing patient complexity in practice
Watch the Summer 2023 educational webinar led by Professor Catriona Matheson and Dr Yasir Abbasi, discussing individual responses to treatment and using quality of life variables as outcome measures in opioid dependent patients.
This expert webinar is suitable for both primary and secondary care clinicians looking to improve care and management of opioid-dependent patients, as well as those with an interest in the field of opioid dependence.
Listen to our experts discuss how patient background and personal situation affect both their decision-making and willingness/ability to enter into an OD treatment plan and how access to treatment is supported. This webinar also discussed how health-related quality-of-life outcomes may be used to quantify individual response to treatment.
Here are just a few benefits you can expect from watching:
- Learn valuable insights to help better support your opioid dependent patients in primary and secondary care
- Opportunity to learn from industry experts
- Discover best practices in the treatment of opioid dependence
- Watch online from the comfort of your own home or office!
Who is the webinar for?
This 60-minute educational session is ideal for primary care HCPs who may want to improve their confidence in managing their opioid dependent patients, secondary care HCPs who treat opioid dependent patients, as well as any HCPs with an interest in the field.
Webinar attendees included addiction specialists, pain specialists, psychiatrists, pharmacists, social workers, general practitioners and nurses.
The agenda covered:
- The complex reasons behind opioid addiction and how individual, interpersonal, community, and societal aspects intertwine to affect treatment adherence
- The psychosocial and alternative intervention options available to enhance pharmaceutical opioid dependency treatment
- Formulating plans to improve trauma awareness and minimise or eliminate re-traumatisation in practice
- The responsibility of HCPs for ensuring patients are appropriately informed about and included in the decision-making process when developing a treatment plan
- Methods monitoring patient-perceived health-related outcomes surrounding treatment decisions while maintaining patient and physician involvement
“These webinars are a good resource to learn and refresh knowledge.”
“Thank you – very comprehensive session.”
“Very relevant topic, and very useful to me.”
The IOTOD webinar ‘A holistic approach to opioid dependency treatment: managing patient complexity in practice’ is supported by grant funding from Camurus. The educational programme is run at arm’s length from the financial supporters and all content is created by the faculty. No funder has had input into the content of the materials or presentations used in the educational programme. PCM Scientific is the medical education company acting as scientific secretariat and webinar organiser.