Register to attend this live free event on: Wednesday 7th December 2022 16:00 GMT / 17:00 CET
‘My treatment, my choice: patient preference and shared decision making in the treatment of opioid dependence’
Register to join our winter 2022 educational webinar led by Dr Julia Lewis, joined by Kristian Konnerup and Dirk Schäffer, discuss patient preference and shared decision making in the treatment of opioid dependence.
Listen to our experts share background information on the most widely available formulations before focusing on patient participation in treatment decision-making and how it may be facilitated. Looking across Europe, the webinar will discuss if, when, and how patients are invited to be part of the decision-making process when developing their OD treatment plan and how informed choice is supported.
The agenda will:
- Describe the most widely available OD treatment options, recent advancements, and their significance for patients
- Outline the level of patient involvement in decision-making for their OD treatment plan, via patient perspectives from different countries
- Summarise key sources of information used by OD patients to gather treatment information
- Demonstrate the responsibility of HCPs for ensuring patients are appropriately informed about and included in the decision-making process when developing a treatment plan
- Explaining methods for resolving disagreements about treatment decisions while maintaining patient and physician involvement
The IOTOD webinar ‘My treatment, my choice: patient preference and shared decision making in the treatment of opioid dependence’ is supported by grant funding from Camurus. The educational programme is run at arm’s length from the financial supporters and all content is created by the faculty. No funder has had input into the content of the materials or presentations used in the educational programme. PCM Scientific is the medical education company acting as scientific secretariat and webinar organiser.